Charah is one of the nation’s leading marketers of CCPs with over 20 million tons of ash under management. With terminal and site locations across the U.S., we market class C fly ash, class F fly ash, bottom ash and PriceLite®, CFB ash, synthetic gypsum, pulverized limestone and more. Our dedicated ash marketing team has a national presence and is honored to work with many of the nation’s largest utilities. With deep experience in cement, fly ash, concrete, civil engineering, and chemical engineering, our sales team is known for its unrelenting focus on customer service, QA/QC, safety and logistics support including a national network for barge, rail and truck. Contact us today to learn more!
Marketing of Fly Ash
Utilizing fly ash in concrete and other products not only eliminates the need to dispose of fly ash in landfills but also conserves our natural resources by substituting for materials that would typically be mined. In addition, the beneficial use of CCPs can meet Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) program requirements.
Charah currently markets fly ash in multiple states for:
- Partial replacement of cement in ready mix concrete and concrete products including concrete block, concrete pipe and precast concrete products.
- Flowable fill projects including filling old sewer pipes and underground tanks instead of excavating for replacement.
- Bagging of dry materials for use in the do-it-yourself market including concrete repair, patching and new surface applications.
- Soil stabilization for bearing capacity improvement.
- Solidification and drying of non-toxic wastes for delivery to approved landfills.
Charah is also able to design and install dry ash conversion systems for fly ash to support the development of ash marketing programs and to eliminate wet slurry ash handling systems.
Charah has formed Ash Venture LLC, a joint venture with Separation Technologies LLC, to provide the most consistent and reliably available low-carbon fly ash. This fly ash allows for better control of concrete mixtures, fewer batch-plant and job-site delays, fewer rejected loads of concrete and superior, predictable in-place concrete properties. Please contact us for more information.
Marketing Bottom Ash to the Construction Materials Industry
Charah is a successful marketer of processed bottom ash products to the construction materials industry. Charah designs, builds and operates processing systems that produce highly customized beneficiated aggregates from coal fired bottom ash. With a variety of different coal sources being utilized across the utility industry, Charah understands how to evaluate, process and successfully market the different bottom ash products in order to achieve the highest value for a given market area.
Charah bottom ash is currently being marketed in multiple states for:
- Class 1A Backfill
- Cement Kiln Raw Material
- Pipe Bedding/Drainage Medium
- Lightweight Aggregate
- Lightweight Concrete Block
- Precast Concrete Products
- Lightweight Concrete Mix
- Construction Fill Material
- Traction Control Material
- Lightweight Flowable Fill Mixtures