Founded in 1987, Charah, Inc. is a total solutions company providing unparalleled service and innovation. Based in Louisville, KY, Charah today is one of the largest providers of coal combustion product (CCP) management and power plant support services for the coal-fired electric utility industry. We provide the highest quality in performance and innovative solutions that are environmentally conscious.
Offering a complete line of services
Charah assists utilities with all aspects of managing and recycling ash byproducts generated from the combustion of coal in the production of electricity. Charah’s extensive experience in CCP management and power plant support services incorporates:
- Landfill Design, Construction, Management, Operations & Closure
- Structural Fill Projects
- Fly Ash, Bottom Ash, Gypsum & FGD Byproduct Management
- CCP Sales & Marketing
- Ash Pond Conversion & Closure using PondX®
- Dry Ash Conversion
- Ash Pond Management
- IGCC Slag Beneficiation & Other Innovative Solutions
- Innovative Products for the Agricultural Market
- Power Plant Support Services including Limestone Supply, Gypsum Operations & Wastewater Treatment
In addition, Charah designs, builds and operates CCP processing systems. Charah’s commitment to finding beneficial uses for CCPs is evident through its successful track record of marketing all types of CCPs. Charah is a proven specialist in bottom ash recycling and its patent-pending concrete mixtures offer the coal-fired utility industry alternate and environmentally acceptable ways to utilize CCPs. Charah also has developed a patented process for Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle (IGCC) slag beneficiation, one of the most effective and economic technologies available for recycling gasification byproducts generated by IGCC facilities.