Charah has 30 years of experience in constructing, operating and managing landfills that coal-fired utilities utilize to dispose of coal combustion residuals (CCRs). Our professional approach and technical expertise ensure a well-managed and compliant CCR project.
Full-service landfill solutions
Charah completes all aspects of the landfill development, construction and management including:
- Site evaluation and characterization.
- Preliminary design and cost estimate preparation for full life cycle analysis.
- Hydrogeological assessments.
- Groundwater and containment modeling.
- Permit application and processing for expansions and greenfield sites.
- Design engineering.
- Construction of landfills and cap and cover systems.
- Conversion of impoundments to landfill sites.
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control and documentation.